Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Blogging about... Blogging !!

It might seem weird to blog about blogging. Well.. Not really. After having spent about 4 weeks now, I wonder why it has been so difficult for me and others to blog about something we find interesting. Don’t get me wrong, there are many interesting things that happen daily. Actually, the issue might be that there are TOO many interesting things to blog about, thus we hesitate because we want to blog about the MOST interesting thing.

Because interesting things keep happening, and because I need to blog about something, I decided to blog about blogging !

Technology might also be a factor. IS It ? You may ask, and I answer " Yes It Is !". Not having my BB with me at all times, prevents me from sharing ideas once they occur and creates more space for hesitations and doubts. In my very humble opinion, this whole blogging situation is very similar to bungee- jumping ( Yes! I am bragging about it again ). Because once you hesitate before making the jump, that’s when you know you might never do it.

Ironically enough, people at my office right now are discussing what to blog about rather than simply just Blogging ! Claiming they need more Data uh uh uh !!!

To put this in more general terms and to make my blog more meaningful, all this comes down to human nature. Our fears, our doubts, and our concerns create barriers that delay or even prevent our actions. For some, such barriers limit their experiences, and force them to remain in their comfort zones. The story of our group is very different.

We all were able to face our fears, to live in a different culture, to take “ third-class” train rides and buy “ CHIPSSSSS”, to sit with locals in the “ mini-buses”, to work in challenging environments where some things umm... never get done , to survive despite the local mentality about time in where there is no rush… as my co-worker puts it “ Why worry when the grass is green.. laugh laugh!” , and to be able to dance to “African- house” music. Every day we learn from those who despite their suffering, they continue to laugh, dance, and love. (Corny ?!)

So many things to blog about, so many experiences that will remain with us forever. It was difficult for me to decide on one experience and talk about it. So here you have it, I am blogging about blogging!

P.S.. Listen to Adele !!


1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear that you've had an abundance of interesting experiences in Cape Town. Reading everyone's comments on their internships, it also sounds like you all are getting firsthand experience of the work culture, which needless to say is somewhat different from the U.S.! But I think many people with professional experience in the U.S. would point out that drawn-out meetings where nothing concrete gets accomplished are all too common here as well....

    P.S. I love Adele too!

    ReplyDelete